Sensory Floor Decal Set – Indoor or Outdoor
Step into Nature and explore the benefits of movement and play with our Mother Nature sensory path. This beautiful path can also be installed outdoors and will last longer than paint.
Mix and Match Option: Interested in only some of the elements in this path? Look at ALL of our sensory paths and pick out elements based on your needs. Email Jean@jump2math.ca for your cost based on the square footage of the material.
Place your elements of Mother Nature decal set of vinyl floor decals and quickly create a space where kids can enjoy a break. Just peel and stick it in your school hallways, library, gym, activity room, classroom or anywhere there is a smooth surface. Languages: English, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Maliseet, Cree, Ojibwe, Anishinaabemowin, Inuktitut, Chippewa and many more.
This set comes with:
- 21 Wooden Directional Arrows
- 26 Maple Leaf Alphabet Stumps
- 5 Pairs of Flower Grass Feet
- 2 Water Twirls
- 5 Action Logs
- 1 Lunar Eclipse Walk
- 1 Spell-A-Word Tree of Letters (custom language available)
- 1 Birch Balance Tree
- 10 Boulders Numbered 1-10
- 1 set of nature lungs (breathe in and breathe out)
- 2 Pairs of Moose tracks
- 2 Pairs of Red Fox tracks
- 3 Pairs of Rabbit tracks
- 3 Pairs of Bear tracks
- 3 Pairs of Frog Feet
- 1 Set of “Soar like an Eagle” Wall wings
- Thoroughly clean the floor area chosen for the floor decals
- Use sharp scissors for cutting out each of the decals
- Place the decals on the floor and create the entire layout
- Starting at one end off the decal ensuring air bubbles are not trapped, peel the backing of the decals and slowly press onto the floor.
- Use a soft cloth or any non-marring/scratching material to smooth out any wrinkles.
- Only floor wax is recommended for use on our sensory pathways for permanent installations. Floor “seal” or “finish” may contain chemicals that will damage your path!
The longevity depends on the environment, but in an elementary school hallway environment, with a lot of outdoor shoe traffic and muddy or wet boots, no more than 3-6 months. Of course in a classroom or an activity room where only indoor shoes are used and not muddy boots, the decals will last much longer.
For schools wishing to create a permanent installation, commercial wax can be applied to protect and preserve the decals even more. Most schools add at least 5 layers of wax, then every summer strip only top layer and add a fresh coat for the following school year.