Infinity Walk Roll-Out Mat
The Infinity Walk Roll-Out Mat made from heavy-duty vinyl that is waterproof. Roll it out indoors and outside, on the carpet, tile, and cement.
The Infinity Walk Roll-out Mat Benefits
Walking represents a developmental activity with an infinite number of possibilities.
What is it?
The Infinity Walk method also called “figure-eight walking”, is, in fact, a figure-eight pattern a person must walk on while keeping his/her eyes on an object or person and his/her head turned at a 90-degree angle.
What can it do?
Walking along this pattern stimulates the simultaneous management of one’s senses: movement, sight, hearing, thinking, speaking.
What are the developmental benefits associated with the Infinity Walk?
- Improves communication between the two hemispheres of one’s brain as well as both sides of his/her body.
- Increased complete and automatic coordination of the body.
- Improves the ability to control both eyes together as well as one’s capacity to visually track an object or person.
What are the functional benefits associated with the Infinity Walk?
- Prepares the brain for learning.
- Improves concentration and the ability to reason efficiently.
- Improves coordination for sports involving a ball or other moving object.
What is the origin of the method?
Created by Dr. Sunbeck, a psychologist, Infinity Walk was initially used for therapeutic benefits at a neurological level. The pattern was used globally to make learning cognitive and motor skills easier.
Browse Dr. Sunbeck’s Infinity Walk site, watch her free video and learn how her Infinity Walk Method benefits students, patients, children & adults.