Promotes fine motor skill development, brain breaks, and math skills
- Thoroughly clean the floor area chosen for the floor decals
- Use sharp scissors for cutting out each of the decals
- Place the decals on the floor and create the entire layout
- Starting at one end of the decal ensuring air bubbles are not trapped, peel the backing of the decals and slowly press onto the floor.
- Use a soft cloth or any non-marring/scratching material to smooth out any wrinkles.
- Only floor wax is recommended for use on our sensory pathways for permanent installations. Floor “seal, finish or coating” may contain chemicals that might damage your path. If one must be used, we can send you a sample for testing purposes.
- If you choose our carpet version, just cut, peel and stick. (low – medium pile) It is removable and can be stored on a heavy-duty sheet of plastic or heavy-duty contractors garbage bags if the carpet needs to be steam cleaned.
- Our carpet version sensory paths can also be installed on most indoor smooth, hard floor surfaces that cannot be waxed or sealed. It provides a tougher and longer-lasting option than our standard adhesive decals.
See the most durable, waterproof, carpet decal in action:
Longevity depends on many factors:
Cold Climate with snowy winters (salt)
Our standard affordable paths in the worst environments with no protection may last 3-6 months
Ways to protect our standard affordable Decals:
4 – 6 coats of wax (this will have the greatest impact on lifespan and your decals will last years)
Longer lasting (no waxing needed) Carpet Decals:
Schools looking for a longer-lasting product that doesn’t require wax and works perfect on the carpet or non-wax floors should consider this option.
The tough carpet decal with its coarse surface provides excellent traction and is more durable. Cleaning machines (not scrubbers) and vacuums can easily run over them. It will last longer in the same environment as our standard decals.