Parent Engagement in Ontario Schools – Parental involvement is key to math success
Parents are a positive force in helping their children learn math.
Key Points to Parent Engagement in math
- Discuss math class at home and encourage your child to talk about the math concepts that he/she is learning.
- Don’t ask “How was math today?”. Instead, ask them to tell you about one thing they learned in math class today. Be excited to learn more!
- Always talk positively about math even though you might not have had a positive experience when you were in school.
- Always reward their effort in math rather than focus on their grade.
- Play math games! We have created home sized math games to learn math concepts while having fun. These games are often played with the whole family!
- Read books together that incorporate math.
- Participate in a highly engaging Jump2math Family Math Night at your school.
We have 3 different ways to engage parents and your community with Jump2math.
We have created Pro grant templates below for Ontario schools:
Jump2math Parent Math Night Program visit to your school
Hosting Your Own Parent Math Night Program.
Parent Math Lending Library